Friday, December 24, 2004

FAs

I must say I am happy with how Red Sox turned out this off-season. I was a bit concerned when Pedro signed with the Mets and David Wells signed for 2 years with the Sox. But now they have signed Edgar Rentaria, Wade Miller, and Matt Clement. And the biggest thing is that Veritek is back.

On the other hand, the Yanks wasted money again this year. They signed Jarrett Wright and Carl Pavano. Not only they are paying them too much, I do not think they will perform up to George's satisfaction. Jarrett Wright pitched decent only because he was playing for the Braves. Pavano did awesome this past season but nothing is guranteed about him. He only had one all star season. I LOVE IT!

I think the Braves should sign Millwood again. I think if he come back to Atlanta, he can pitch like an all star again. And they already have Tim Hudson. He will win Cy Young. I'm feeling it. But the Braves also needs to sign 2 OFs, at least one good one to replace JD Drew. Unless Fancour is ready to come up to the Big League, they need to get Magglio or someone as good.

With all that said, I am all against free agency. Look at all the mediocre pitchers signing 3, 4 years for $30, 40 million. It is ridiculous. Look at A-Rod and then Carlos Beltran. I just do not think that one player is worth $100 mill. when you play with 9 players plus the dugout. And the only team who can pay one player that much and still can manage to keep other all stars is the Pin-stripe Faggots in Bronx. Pay-Rod killed the Rangers when he was there. It's a team sport. So I HATE FREE AGENCY. Each team should focus more on developing their own players like Oakland and deal a few trades on the side.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home